Thursday, July 3, 2008

Nearly the 4th

We've had an eventful day.

Educationally:
As of this morning, we have two teenage boys licensed to drive (only a slight Bond inference there). Andrew said the tester told him that his 3-point turn was perfect aside from being performed backwards (homeschooled!). He thinks he lost points because he couldn't verbally explain how to park on a hill or exactly where the parking brake is located. "Down there some where."

Hm. We have only parked in flat places so that was a definite learning gap. Now he knows.

Socially:
Andrew drove himself to work today - alone for the first time! - and then to our church's College Bible Fellowship cookout. My idea. He is a high school senior but according to the dual enrollment people he's also officially a college student. I figured, he should be able to enjoy the best of both worlds.

Physically:
Caleb & Rachel returned dirty and smelly from horseback.

Chemically:
They took a bottle of Ms. Cindy's recipe for homemade fly spray with them to try: equal parts water, vinegar & Skin-so-soft. Rachel thought it worked. The horses didn't comment.

Horticulturally:
Caleb is mowing the grass, rapidly rising thanks to all the rain (over an inch yesterday, 60% chance daily for all the forseeable future according to the weatheman). Stan has been loading storm tossed branches onto the burn pile. That burn pile has been building a long time now. When it's dry enough to burn, it's too dry for a fire. When it's wet enough for a fire, it's too wet to burn. I wonder if we have critters living in it. They would not enjoy a bonfire...

Medically:
My 3rd endoscopy yielded 2 polyps, one in the esophagus. As usual, I was provided a photograph of one of them. I believe I'll name this one "Polly", create a RIP frame & hang it in the dining room.

Spiritually:
Isn't God so good to us?
How many 40 year-olds would have their stomach checked for polyps? I praise Him for bringing me to the point of having some questionable symptoms checked. They were NOTHING but the process brought this potentially deadly condition to light: polyps that would become cancerous if left unharvested. My doctor says I should have an EDG every 2-3 years for the rest of my life.

As I was waiting around for my procedure today, I was QUIETLY singing songs from choir: "I Can See Jesus" high and exalted. My eyes are fixed upon His face. It shines like the sun. , "Thou, O Lord" are a Shield for me, my Glory and the Lifter of my head, "We Shall See Jesus" just as He is, "Psalm 23". Personally, I HATE needles & surgeries & being in hospitals. God blessed me with a time of worship - just the two of us - and helped me to smile and be friendly to the hospital personnel instead of focusing on the needles and smells and surroundings. PTL! He is always with us.

Hungrily:
Rachel is reheating leftovers for supper. Roast chicken. Green beans cooked with ham. Baked (actually micro-zapped) potatoes.
Come & get it!

No comments: