Thursday, October 16, 2008

Just a Little Hogwash with Rainbow Pancakes

We had pancakes & bacon for supper last night before church.
Scurring around, doing the finishing up stuff before beginning the meal this conversation took place.

Caleb teasingly announces as he eyeballs the bacon: "Rachel doesn't want any bacon."
Rachel sassing back from kitchen where she's washing her hands: "How do you know?"
Mom (ME!): "It's fish bacon."
Rachel with disappointment in her voice: "Oh. Never mind."
Silence for about 3 seconds.
Everyone at the table: ROFL!
Rachel sits down & starts trying to save face: "I knew you were joking. Really! Really I did. I was just playing along. Really!"

LOL!

Caleb didn't even have to ask if Rachel wanted pancakes. Know why? My pancakes are so good, they attract rainbows!


Here's the recipe for Rainbow Pancakes. I came across one that used leftover oatmeal in the batter & changed it up a bit.


Put 1.5 C of oatmeal in a 2 C measuring cup & add lukewarm water to 2 C.

In a large bowl combine:
1 C whole wheat flour
3 C all purpose flour
1 heaping T flax meal
1 C unpacked brown sugar
2 T baking powder
1 t salt

Add & mix well
4 eggs
3/4 C oil
2 C milk (I use skim)

Add the soaked oatmeal & mix well.

Cook on hot griddle. I use one that doesn't require oil. Makes 24 - 30 when poured from a 1/3 C measuring cup (not scrapped out).

I believe that the oatmeal helps these to stick to the ribs longer.

Now, I can't guarantee that yours will attract rainbows, but you never know.

1 comment:

SavannahRosePhotography said...

Tell Rachel not to feel bad! Jared gets me ALL the time! Jared told me Jacob had SARS one time and I totally fell for it. ;O Why else would they be wearing face masks??