Friday, September 26, 2008

SYATP

See You at the Pole on Wednesday, dark and early, was beautifully photographed by my friend Alice:


http://theshadowofthecross.blogspot.com/2008/09/see-you-at-pole.html



Seeing other homeschooled families there supporting our public school kids & teachers has been a blessing to me every year, almost as much as seeing the faculty and student leadership. We just don't usually get up & go somewhere THAT early - one of the perks of home education. Many of us have not seen that time of day since last year's SYATP!

Every year as people arrive they sorta circle-up but also bunch together with friends > could be to keep WARM< until one of the event leaders organizes the group. This year it was, "join hands and circle the flagpole."
Looking across the football field, I noticed a gap in the circle making it incomplete. Then I saw a husband & wife team from church, Grandparents, step into that gap. They are on the photo's right edge. He's in a cap, having battled cancer for several years now. See how closely together they are standing? How they love.

Then I remembered Ezekiel 22:30 "I looked for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand before Me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found none." Joy! Here are TWO and MORE. PTL!

Help us, Lord, to stand in the gap for our schools awa our country. Thank You, Lord, for the promise in 2 Chronicles 7:14 that was read twice at the ceremony: "If my people, who are called by My Name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My Face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."

And thank you, Lord, for praying grandparents.

Amen.

No comments: