Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Happy 20th Jacob!

Here he is, all 9 lbs. 14 oz. & 21 inches, having arrived way too early in the morning after giving me a couple of truly miserable & exhausting days (not to mention the nights), but I'll spare you the details.


It would have been so nice to have had a good digital camera 20 years ago. As it was, I enjoyed capturing special moments of this cute, happy, rolley-poly kid with my 110 until we could afford a decent 35mm.



As you can see, he was musical even way back then. I have a note written on the back telling that he was singing "La la la la" even though he wasn't yet talking. Does that explain for Bro. Scott some of Jacob's creative lyrics? :D


Now, here is a professional shot purchased for his first birthday. What a sweetie.





When he gets home from a full day of college & Maryn-ating, looking forward to his favorite meal of shrimp etouffee (maybe I'll give you the recipe) and the requested rich chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting (grandma's recipe but I could share that too), I expect him to robustly serenade me: "Happy birthing day to you! Happy birthing day to you! Happy birthing day, dear Maaaaaaama! Happy birthing day to YOU!"

But he can leave off the "and many moooooorrrrreeeee" part. :D

No comments: