Tuesday, February 10, 2009

First Born Survey

Here you go mommies- a different kind of survey for a change - it's all about your your first born! Just copy and paste it!
Another Facebook survey that works here too. :-)

1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED? Nope.

2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME? Oh, yes.

3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS? surprised/scared/sick/excited

4. HOW OLD WERE YOU? 23/24 (conception/birth - duh)

5. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT? home test

6. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST? Stan - although he was there at the beginning so you'd think he'd have known...

7. HOW DID YOU TELL YOUR FAMILY? "Baby 88" T-shirt under the Christmas tree for the TX family. Called the rest.

8. DID YOU WANT TO FIND OUT THE SEX? Definitely not - had a friend who was so disappointed when the doctors were WRONG.

9. DUE DATE? August 10, 1988

10. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS? Yeppers. Ate crackers in bed, at work, at church...

11. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE? Food - it never tasted better; I was always hungry.

12. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST? Getting fat, the heat (summer pregnancy!) & ugly preggy clothes

13. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD'S SEX? boy

14. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING? Only when shopping for clothes before he was born - not much to choose from for boys & beautiful little girl's stuff.

15. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN? 50+. Do not tell a soul. Promise?

16. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER(S)? yes

17. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW? I knew.

18.DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY? No - just got big. Was teased unmercifully about having twins. I asked the doctor if the baby was possibly too big for me to deliver. He said "No". Wrong answer!

19. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH? Methodist Hospital in San Antonio, TX (all my kids are Texans by birth, and they better not forget it)

20. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR? 36, all miserable. That kid was happy & healthy where he was.

21. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL? Stan in my green 69 Mustang

22. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH? I'm pretty sure Stan was there - dressed quickly in blue for the surgery & commenting on how interesting it was - I had to remind him that I was not a science project. I believe they made him leave when I started yelling at the doctor.

23. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION? C > Because my temp started going up & the labor was not progressing. At my 1st Dr. visit, I asked if he could just knock me out & let me know when it was over. He said "no" then wound up having to put me under.
He wouldn't put in a zipper either...

24. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN? Of course. Major surgery, hello?

25. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH? 9 lbs, 14 oz

26. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN? 9-9-88

27. WHAT DID YOU NAME YOUR CHILD? Jacob Benjamin

28. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY? 20 years, 5 months, 1 day

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing your survey